As of 1947, Jews in Palestine owned UNDER 7% of the Palestine's lands, and after the 1948 war 80% of the Palestinian people were DISPOSSESSED of their homes, farms, and businesses. Scroll below for the source and tabular break down of land ownership. It should be noted that as of 1948, Jews made 1/3 of the total population and most importantly only 1/3 of those Jews in Palestine (1/9 of the total population) were citizens of the country and the rest were either illegal immigrants or simply immigrants who were granted entry to Palestine to escape German and European atrocities in Europe, click here for details.
Share of Palestinian vs. Jewish land ownership as of April 1st, 1943
Click here to see a similar map show same exact data located at the United Nation's website.
Ownership of land in Palestine, Share of Palestinian Arabs and Jews as of April 1st, 1943
Category of land
|Palestinians & others||Jews||Total|
Dunums (1000 sq. meters)
|Rural built-on area||36,851||42,330||79,181|
|Cereal land (taxable)||5,503,183||814,102||6,317,285|
|Cereal land (not taxable)||900,294||51,049||951,343|
|Roads, railways, rivers, and lakes||135,803|
Total Area including roads, railways, etc.
Source: A Survey of Palestine prepared by the British Mandate for the UN, p. 566.Related Important links
- View the scanned page from which the above data were extracted.
- More tabular data about Jewish land ownership per district as of 1946.
- Village Statistics Project: The MOST detailed study for every Palestinian and Jewish town in Palestine before Nakba, includes all sorts of data you can imagine: landownership, population, land usage, education, ...etc.
- The Hasbara Buster: Dershowitz strikes back -- with lies (yawn)
- Interactive map showing the theft of Palestinian people's lands by successive Israeli governments