PalestineRemembered About Us Looting 101 Oral History العربية
Menu Pictures Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Maps
PalestineRemembered.com Satellite View Search Donate Contact Us Looting 101 العربية
About Us Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Pictures Maps Zionist Quotes Zionism 101 R.O.R. 101 Oral History Site Members

al-Ashrafiyya الاشرفيه - אל-אשרפיה -

District of Baysan
Ethnically cleansed days ago

العربية

Google Earth
Picture for al-Ashrafiyya Village - Palestine: : Village Site In 1990
Statistic/Fact Value
Israeli occupation date May 12, 1948
Distance from district center 4.5 (km) Southwest of Baysan
Elevation from the sea -125 (meters)
Map location See location number #20 on the map
Israeli military operation Operation Gideon
Israeli attacking brigade Golan Brigades and possibly Irgun Zvai Leumi (IZL) too.
Exodus Cause Influence of fall of, or exoduce from, neighboring town
Village remains after destruction by Israelis The village was completely destroyed and defaced.
Ethnically cleansing by Israelis Upon occupation, both Farwana and al-Ashrafiyya inhabitants fled towards Jordan.
Land ownership before occupation
Ethnic Group Land Ownership (Dunums)
Arab 4,608
Jewish 1,293
Public 810
Total 6,711
Land usage in 1945
Land Usage Type Arab (Dunum) Jewish (Dunum)
Area planted w/ citrus 143 11
Irrigated & Plantation 4,458 772
Planted W/ Cereal 590 510
Cultivable 5,191 1,293
Non-Cultivable 227 0
Population
before occupation
Year Population
1922 136
1931 48
1945 230
1948 267
Est. Refugees 1998 1,638
Number of houses
Year Number of houses
1931 11
1948 61
Nearby wadies & rivers The village is situated nearby Wadi al-Maddu'.
Exculsive jewish colonies on town's lands Reshafim & Sheluchot.
Related Maps خرائط للقضاء توضح حدود القرى والاودية
Town's map on MapQuest
View from satellite
Help us map this town at WikiMapia
More Information
External Links
Wikipedia's Page
Google Search
Google For Images
Google For Videos
في كتاب لكي لا ننسى
في كتاب بلادنا فلسطين
المزيد من موقع هوية
Nakba-Online (Hebrew)

Bibliography and References

Town Today

According to the Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, the village remaining structures on the village land are:
"The site and the area around it are cultivated by the residents of Reshafim. A fishery also has been built on the site."