PalestineRemembered About Us Looting 101 Oral History العربية
Menu Pictures Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Maps
PalestineRemembered.com Satellite View Search Donate Contact Us Looting 101 العربية
About Us Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Pictures Maps Zionist Quotes Zionism 101 R.O.R. 101 Oral History Site Members

al-Ghazzawiyya الغزاويه - ערב אל-ע'זאויה -

District of Baysan
Ethnically cleansed days ago

العربية

Google Earth
Picture for al-Ghazzawiyya Village - Palestine: : عيون المياه بالقرب من القريه
Statistic/Fact Value
Israeli occupation date May 20, 1948
Distance from district center 2 (km) East of Baysan
Elevation from the sea -250 (meters)
Map location See location number #17 on the map
Israeli military operation Gedeon Operation
Israeli attacking brigade Fourth Battalion of Golani Brigade
Exodus Cause Influence of fall of, or exoduce from, neighboring town
Village remains after destruction by Israelis al-Ghazzawiyya was completely destroyed defaced.
Ethnically cleansed by Israelis al-Ghazzawiyya inhabitants were completely ethnically cleansed.
Land ownership before occupation
Ethnic Group Land Ownership (Dunums)
Arab 5,323
Jewish 7,625
Public 5,460
Total 18,408
Land usage in 1945
Land Usage Type Arab (Dunum) Jewish (Dunum)
Area planted w/ citrus 13 0
Irrigated & Plantation 34 744
Planted W/ Cereal 6,746 6,771
Built up 0 100
Cultivable 6,793 7,515
Non-Cultivable 3,990 10
Population
before occupation
Year Population
1945 1,640 (620 Jewish)
1948 1,183
Est. Refugees 1998 7,266
Archeological sites The village contains the following Tell or (khirbas):- Tell al-Barta, Tell al-Husn, and Tell al-Maliha.
Exculsive jewish colonies on town's lands Ma'oz Chayyim & Newe Eytan
Related Maps خرائط للقضاء توضح حدود القرى والاودية
Town's map on MapQuest
View from satellite
Help us map this town at WikiMapia
More Information
External Links
Wikipedia's Page
Google Search
Google For Images
Google For Videos
في كتاب لكي لا ننسى
في كتاب بلادنا فلسطين
المزيد من موقع هوية
Nakba-Online (Hebrew)

Bibliography and References

Town Today

According to the Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, the village remaining structures on the village land are:
"No physical evidence indicates that the village ever existed"