PalestineRemembered About Us Looting 101 Oral History العربية
Menu Pictures Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Maps
PalestineRemembered.com Satellite View Search Donate Contact Us Looting 101 العربية
About Us Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Pictures Maps Zionist Quotes Zionism 101 R.O.R. 101 Oral History Site Members

al-Samiriyya السامريه - א-סאמריה -

District of Baysan
Ethnically cleansed days ago

العربية

Google Earth
Picture for al-Samiriyya Village - Palestine: : موقع القريه
Statistic/Fact Value
Israeli occupation date May 27, 1948
Distance from district center 7 (km) Southeast of Baysan
Elevation from the sea -135 (meters)
Map location See location number #26 on the map
Israeli military operation Operation Gideon
Israeli attacking brigade Fourth Battalion of the Golani Brigade
Exodus Cause Military assault by Jewish troops
Village remains after destruction by Israelis al-Samiriyya was completely destroyed, and only house rubble left behind.
Ethnically cleansed by Israelis al-Samiriyya inhabitants were completely ethnically cleansed.
Land ownership before occupation
Ethnic Group Land Ownership (Dunums)
Arab 2,851
Jewish 0
Public 1,022
Total 3,873
Land usage in 1945
Land Usage Type Arab (Dunum)
Irrigated & Plantation 11
Planted W/ Cereal 3,625
Built up 21
Cultivable 3,636
Non-Cultivable 216
Population
before occupation
Year Population
1922 162
1931 181
1945 250
1948 290
Est. Refugees 1998 1,781
Number of houses
Year Number of houses
1931 41
1948 65
Religious institutions One Mosque
Archeological sites The village contains three Khirbas: Khirbat al-Humra, Tulul al-Thawm, and Tall al-Khab.
Exculsive jewish colonies on town's lands Sde Terumot
Related Maps خرائط للقضاء توضح حدود القرى والاودية
Town's map on MapQuest
View from satellite
Help us map this town at WikiMapia
More Information
External Links
Wikipedia's Page
Google Search
Google For Images
Google For Videos
في كتاب لكي لا ننسى
في كتاب بلادنا فلسطين
المزيد من موقع هوية
Nakba-Online (Hebrew)

Bibliography and References

Town Today

According to the Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, the village remaining structures on the village land are:
"Only collapsed roofs remain; they are located on the western edge of the Sde Terumot settlement"