PalestineRemembered About Us Looting 101 Oral History العربية
Menu Pictures Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Maps
PalestineRemembered.com Satellite View Search Donate Contact Us Looting 101 العربية
About Us Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Pictures Maps Zionist Quotes Zionism 101 R.O.R. 101 Oral History Site Members

al-Shuna, Khirbat خربة الشونة - א-סינדיאנה -

District of Haifa
Ethnically cleansed days ago

العربية

Google Earth
Picture for al-Shuna, Khirbat Village - Palestine: : General View Of Village Remains In 1990
Statistic/Fact Value
Israeli occupation date March 15, 1948
Distance from district center 32.5 (km) South of Haifa
Elevation from the sea 25 (meters)
Map location See location number #42 on the map
Israeli attacking brigade Possibly Haganah and lrgun forces
Exodus Cause Expulsion by Jewish troops
Village remains after destruction by Israelis The village has been mostly destroyed with the exception of few houses which have been renovated and turned into tourist facilities.
Ethnically cleansing by Israelis Village inhabitants were completely ethnically cleansed.
Number of houses In (1931): 191 (includes the settlement of Zikhron Ya'aqov, under which the village is counted, and other localities)
Town's name through history Khirbat al-Shuna inhabitiants changed its name from just al-Shuna to Khirbat al-Shuna to differentiate it from the nearby Zionist settlement Binyamina, which used to be called al-Shuna al-Yahudiyya (The Jewish al-Shuna ).
Archeological sites Khirbat al-Shuna contained khirbat Tel Mubarak (a small archaeological site).
Exculsive jewish colonies on town's lands Binyamina and Nachalat Jabotinsky
Related Maps خرائط للقضاء توضح حدود القرى والاودية
Town's map on MapQuest
View from satellite
Help us map this town at WikiMapia
More Information
External Links
Wikipedia's Page
Google Search
Google For Images
Google For Videos
في كتاب لكي لا ننسى
في كتاب بلادنا فلسطين
المزيد من موقع هوية

Bibliography and References

Town Today

According to the Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, the village remaining structures on the village land are:
"The site is fenced in and the few standing houses have been renovated and turned into tourist facilities."