PalestineRemembered About Us Looting 101 Oral History العربية
Menu Pictures Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Maps
PalestineRemembered.com Satellite View Search Donate Contact Us Looting 101 العربية
About Us Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Pictures Maps Zionist Quotes Zionism 101 R.O.R. 101 Oral History Site Members

Welcome To Ism Allah, Khirbat - خربة إسم الله (ח'ירבת איסמאללה)

District of Jerusalem
Ethnically cleansed days ago

العربية

Google Earth
Picture for Ism Allah, Khirbat Village - Palestine: : Khirbet Ismallah 2007
Gallery (5)
Statistic/Fact Value
Israeli occupation date July 17, 1948
Distance from district center 26 (km) West of Jerusalem
Elevation from the sea 300 (meters)
Map location See location number #12 on the map
Israeli military operation Operation Dani
Israeli attacking brigade Har'el Brigade
Village remains after destruction by Israelis Khirbat Ism Allah was mostly destroyed with the exception of few deserted houses.
Ethnically cleansed by Israelis Ism Allah, Khirbat inhabitants were completely ethnically cleansed.
Land ownership before occupation
Ethnic Group Land Ownership (Dunums)
Arab 568
Jewish 0
Public N/A
Total 568
Land usage in 1945
Land Usage Type Arab (Dunum)
Irrigated & Plantation 3
Planted W/ Cereal 485
Cultivable 488
Non-Cultivable 80
Population
before occupation
Year Population
1945 20
1948 23
Est. Refugees 1998 143
Number of houses
Year Number of houses
1931 4
Water supplies Khirbat Ism Allah had a spring to the west which supplied it with fresh water.
Exculsive jewish colonies on town's lands Kefar Uriyya
Related Maps خرائط للقضاء توضح حدود القرى والاودية
Town's map on MapQuest
View from satellite
Help us map this town at WikiMapia
More Information
External Links
Wikipedia's Page
Google Search
Google For Images
Google For Videos
في كتاب كي لا ننسى
في كتاب بلادنا فلسطين
المزيد من موقع هوية
Nakba-Online (Hebrew)

Bibliography and References

Town Today

According to the Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, the village remaining structures on the village land are:
The caves in the northern part of the site still show evidence of their former use as dwellings; the remains of arched entrances are present. In the southern part of the site, a few ruined houses are surrounded by low stone walls. This area has been recently repopulated by a Jewish shepherd family that renovated and occupied one of the houses