PalestineRemembered About Us Looting 101 Oral History العربية
Menu Pictures Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Maps
PalestineRemembered.com Satellite View Search Donate Contact Us Looting 101 العربية
About Us Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Pictures Maps Zionist Quotes Zionism 101 R.O.R. 101 Oral History Site Members

Welcome To al-Tannur, Khirbat - خربة التنور (ח'ירבת א-תנור)

District of Jerusalem
Ethnically cleansed days ago

العربية

Google Earth
Picture for al-Tannur, Khirbat Village - Palestine: : Roof of home still mostly standing. Fall 2006. Photo: Annemarie Jacir
Gallery (16)
Statistic/Fact Value
Israeli occupation date October 21, 1948
Distance from district center 18.5 (km) West of Jerusalem
Elevation from the sea 575 (meters)
Map location See location number #38 on the map
Israeli military operation Operation Ha'ar
Exodus Cause Military assault by Jewish troops
Village remains after destruction by Israelis Khirbat al-Tannur was mostly destroyed with the exception of few deserted and partially destroyed houses.
Ethnically cleansed by Israelis al-Tannur, Khirbat inhabitants were completely ethnically cleansed.
Population
before occupation
Year Population
1596 39
19th century 400
Number of houses At least 10 houses just before occupation
Town's name through history At one point Khirbat al-Tannur was also known by 'Allar al-Sufla (relative to current 'Allar before destruction).
Exculsive jewish colonies on town's lands Matta'
Related Maps خرائط للقضاء توضح حدود القرى والاودية
Town's map on MapQuest
View from satellite
Help us map this town at WikiMapia
More Information
External Links
Wikipedia's Page
Google Search
Google For Images
Google For Videos
في كتاب لكي لا ننسى
المزيد من موقع هوية

Bibliography and References

Town Today

According to the Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, the village remaining structures on the village land are:
Six houses have been destroyed and their rubble is strewn over the site; four others still stand. Clusters of trees grow along the terraces on the valley bottom. Almond, olive, and cypress trees grow at the northern edge of the site