About Us Satellite Oral History
Menu Conflict 101 Zionist FAQ Pictures Donate Satellite View Search Donate Contact Us النسخة العربية
About Us Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Pictures Maps Zionist Quotes Zionism 101 R.O.R. 101 Oral History Site Members
Welcome To al-Mujaydil
District of Nazareth
المْجيدل - אל-מג'ידל
Ethnically cleansed days ago

النسخة العربية
כדי לתרגם עברית
View in Google Earth


Statistic/Fact Value
Israeli occupation date July 15, 1948
Distance from district center 6 (km) South West of Nazareth
Elevation from the sea 230 (meters)
Map location See location number #3 on the map
Israeli attacking brigade Golani Brigade
Refugees' migration route About 1,200 refugees from al-Mujaydil had reportedly reached Nazareth by the end of July, 1948.
Village remains after destruction by Israelis al-Mujaydil was mostly destroyed with the exception of the monastery and a partially destroyed church.
Ethnically cleansed by Israelis al-Mujaydil inhabitants were completely ethnically cleansed.
Land ownership before occupation
Ethnic Group Land Ownership (Dunums)
Arab 18,165
Jewish 485
Public 186
Total 18,836
Land usage in 1945
Land Usage Type Arab (Dunum) Jewish (Dunum)
Irrigated & Plantation 1,685 34
Area planted w/ olives 1,600 0
Planted W/ Cereal 15,037 437
Built up 34 0
Cultivable 16,722 471
Non-Cultivable 1,595 14
before occupation
Year Population
1596 22
19th century 800
1912 853
1922 1,009
1931 1,241
1945 1,900
1948 2,204
Est. Refugees 1998 13,535
Number of houses In (1931): 293 (includes 'Arab al-Khurayfat)
Schools There were two elementary schools in al-Mujaydil, one for boys and the other for girls.
Local council al-Mujaydil had a local council that administered its local affairs.
Religious institutions The village had a Roman Catholic church and a monastery.
Nearby wadies & rivers The village is situated on the southern slopes of Wadi al-Mujaydil.
Water supplies Several springs flowed in the vicinity of the Wadi al-Mujaydil..
Archeological sites Traces of a Roman road were found close to the village.
Exculsive jewish colonies on town's lands Migdal ha-'Emeq (founded by Iranian Jews in in 1952) and Yifat.
Related Maps خرائط تفصيلية للمحافظة
Town's map on MapQuest
View from satellite
Help us map this town at WikiMapia
More Information
External Links
Wikipedia's Page
Search Birzeit Archives
Google Search
Google For Images
Google For Videos
في كتاب لكي لا ننسى
في كتاب بلادنا فلسطين
المزيد من موقع هوية
Nakba-Online (Hebrew)

Bibliography and References

Town Today

According to the Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, the village remaining structures on the village land are:
Most of the site is covered with a pine forest that serves as an Israeli park. The monastery and parts of the ( destroyed) church are the only remaining buildings on the site; monks still live in the monastery (see photos). Remnants of destroyed houses and the walls of a cemetery are visible. Cactuses and pomegranate, olive, and fig trees grow around the site, which is dotted with wells

Display Name Clan/Hamolah Country of Residence
ايمن محمد جبر احمد يوسف قويدر ال سيف عمان
رياض نصار نصار -
محمد غازي - Damascus, syria
لمية سلام - دمشق, سوريا
ebn el medjedel - algeria
الكرمل - -
سميه قويدر ال سيف -
ابو عبيد عبيد الناصرة
جمال صالح الشناشري -
hussam - ankara, Turkey
All Registered Members