PalestineRemembered About Us Looting 101 Oral History العربية
Menu Pictures Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Maps
PalestineRemembered.com Satellite View Search Donate Contact Us Looting 101 العربية
About Us Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Pictures Maps Zionist Quotes Zionism 101 R.O.R. 101 Oral History Site Members

al-Butayha البطيحه - אל-בוטיחה -

District of Safad
Ethnically cleansed days ago

العربية

Google Earth
Picture for al-Butayha Village - Palestine: : نظره من الجنوب الى الشمال على مركز القريه
Statistic/Fact Value
Israeli occupation date May 4, 1948
Distance from district center 13 (km) South East of Safad
Elevation from the sea -200 (meters)
Map location See location number #76 on the map
Israeli military operation Operation Matate (Broom) (a sub-operation of Operation Yiftach)
Israeli attacking brigade The Palmach's First Battalion
Defenders Local militia & Arab Liberation Army
Refugees' migration route Refugees were mostly forced into Syria.
Exodus Cause Expulsion by Jewish troops
Village remains after destruction by Israelis The village has been completely destroyed, and only house walls and rubble left behind.
Ethnically cleansed by Israelis al-Butayha inhabitants were completely ethnically cleansed.
Land ownership before occupation
Ethnic Group Land Ownership (Dunums)
Arab 16,690
Jewish 0
Public 0
Total 16,690
Population
before occupation
Year Population
1945 650
1948 754
Est. Refugees 1998 4,630
Nearby wadies & rivers The village was situated 1/4 km east of the Jordan river and 2 km north of Lake Tiberias.
Exculsive jewish colonies on town's lands Almagor settlement and a picnic area known by Park ha-Yarden.
Related Maps خرائط للقضاء توضح حدود القرى والاودية
Town's map on MapQuest
View from satellite
Help us map this town at WikiMapia
More Information
External Links
Wikipedia's Page
Facebook Page
Google Search
Google For Images
Google For Videos
في كتاب لكي لا ننسى
المزيد من موقع هوية

Bibliography and References

Town Today

According to the Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, the village remaining structures on the village land are:
Only the black basalt walls of destroyed houses remain. Doum palms and olive trees grow among these ruins and further mark the site. A man-made canal runs in a north-south direction and turns eastward near the northern edge of the site