PalestineRemembered.com Satellite View Search Donate Contact Us النسخة العربية
Home Pictures Maps Oral History Zionist FAQ Zionist Quotes The Conflict 101 R.O.R. 101 Site Members About Us
Welcome To al-Haram
District of Jaffa
الحرم سيدنا علي - אל-חרם
Ethnically cleansed days ago

eMail
النسخة العربية
כדי לתרגם עברית
View in Google Earth


 
Statistic/Fact Value
Israeli occupation date February 3, 1948
Distance from district center 16 (km) North of Jaffa
Elevation from the sea 25 (meters)
Map location See location number #1 on the map
Exodus Cause Feer of Jewish attack, or of being caught in the fighting
Village remains
after destruction by Israelis
al-Haram was mostly destroyed with the exception of few houses and the village cemetery.
Ethnically cleansing
by Israelis
al-Haram (also known by Sidna Ali) inhabitants were intimidated into fleeing by the Haganah on February 3rd, 1948.
Land ownership
before occupation
Ethnic Group Land Ownership (Dunums)
Arab 2,681
Jewish 4,745
Public 639
Total 8,065
Land usage in 1945
Land Usage Type Arab (Dunum) Jewish (Dunum)
Area planted w/ citrus 136 0
Irrigated & Plantation 256 45
Area planted w/ olives 137 0
Planted W/ Cereal 2,330 4,057
Built up 18 0
Cultivable 2,722 4,102
Non-Cultivable 580 643
Population
before occupation
Year Population
1904 341
1922 172
1931 333
1945 880 (360 Jewish)
1948 603
Est. Refugees 1998 3,704
Number of houses
Year Number of houses
1931 83
1948 150
Town's name through history During the Hellenistic period al-Haram was known by Apollonia. al-Haram was also known by Sayyiduna 'Ali named after al-Hasan ibn 'Ali (see Shrines/Maqams section)
Schools al-Haram had an elementary school for boys founded in 1921, and in 1945 it had an enrollment of 68 students.
Religious institutions One Mosque
Shrines/maqams The village contained a shrine for al-Hasan ibn 'Ali (d. A.D. 1081), who was a descendant of the second Muslim Caliph 'Umar ibn al-Khattab.
Archeological sites al-Haram contained the remains of a Suq (market) dating to the early Islamic period, and the Crusades built fortress nearby the village which was known by Arsur.
Exculsive jewish colonies on town's lands Rishpon and Kefar Shemaryahu
Related Maps خرائط تفصيلية للمحافظة
Town's map on MapQuest
View from satellite
Help us map this town at WikiMapia
More Information
Language External Links
English Wikipedia's Page
Google Search
Google For Images
Google For Videos
Arabic في كتاب لكي لا ننسى
في كتاب بلادنا فلسطين
المزيد من موقع هوية
Hebrew Nakba-Online

Bibliography and References

Town Today

According to the Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, the village remaining structures on the village land are:
"The shrine, a few houses, and the cemetery are all that remain of the village. The partially renovated shrine is a large complex with an elaborate architecture, including arched colonnaded porticos and a minaret that rises atop one of its buildings."

Display Name Clan/Hamolah Country of Residence
محمد القرم -
Ahmad Zahra - Florida, USA
فادي طالب محمد الدلو الدلو -
بنت الحرم أبو بندر عمان, الأردن
مهند غريب العزيب رام الله __ترمسعيا
مؤمن عبد الرازق - -
أبو أحمد أبو غالي غزة - فلسطين
Khalid Al Qirem AL QIREM Dubai, UAE
احمد ابو سلام - الخبر, السعودية
يوسف القرم - -
سماح - عمان, الاردن
SAMAH ALQEREM - -
تقي الدين قنديل أبو قنديل -
Hossam AL Qerem AL Qerem amman
ABOU DAOUD AL MOHAMMED ANTWERPEN, BELGUM
Nabil Shehadeh Shehadeh -
All Registered Members
Adding a video has never been easier, click here to see what other members have added.