PalestineRemembered.com Satellite View Search Donate Contact Us النسخة العربية
Home Pictures Maps Oral History Zionist FAQ Zionist Quotes The Conflict 101 R.O.R. 101 Site Members About Us
Welcome To 'Ayn al-Mansi
District of Jinin
عين المنسي - עין אל-מנסי
eMail
النسخة العربية
כדי לתרגם עברית
View in Google Earth

 

 
Statistic/Fact Value
Israeli occupation date April 12, 1948
Distance from district center 18.5 (km) Northwest of Jinin
Elevation from the sea 125 (meters)
Map location See location number #1 on the map
Israeli military operation The battle for Mishmar Ha'emek
Israeli attacking brigade Unknown Palmach units
Defenders Local militia & Arab Liberation Army
Exodus Cause Military assault by Jewish troops
Village remains
after destruction by Israelis
'Ayn al-Mansi was completely obliterated and defaced soon after occupation.
Ethnically cleansing
by Israelis
'Ayn al-Mansi inhabitants were completely ethnically cleansed.
Land ownership
before occupation
Ethnic Group Land Ownership (Dunums)
Arab 1,278
Jewish 0
Public 17
Total 1,295
Land usage in 1945
Land Usage Type Arab (Dunum)
Irrigated & Plantation 186
Area planted w/ olives 200
Planted W/ Cereal 868
Built up 2
Cultivable 1,054
Non-Cultivable 239
Population
before occupation
Year Population
1931 73
1945 90
1948 104
Est. Refugees 1998 641
Number of houses
Year Number of houses
1931 15
1948 21
Archeological sites al-Mansi contains Tall al-Mutasallim, an important archaeological site, which was excavated by the University of Chicago between 1925 and 1939.
Exculsive jewish colonies on town's lands No Israeli settlements on village land
Related Maps خرائط تفصيلية للمحافظة
Town's map on MapQuest
View from satellite
Help us map this town at WikiMapia
More Information
Language External Links
English Wikipedia's Page
Search Birzeit Archives
Google Search
Google For Images
Google For Videos
Arabic في كتاب لكي لا ننسى
في كتاب بلادنا فلسطين
المزيد من موقع هوية
Hebrew Nakba-Online

Bibliography and References

Town Today

According to the Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, the village remaining structures on the village land are:
The village has been completely destroyed and levelled. After the destruction of the village, a temporary camp for Jewish immigrants was established in the early years of the state. After this camp was dismantled, a thick forest of fir trees was planted there. Today the remains of this camp are visible among the trees. In the northern area of the site are the remains of a cemetery , covered with wild grass and thorns. A gasoline station has been built on the eastern side of the cemetery. Almond, olive and fig trees grow to the north and west of the cemetery

No pictures have been added yet, please be free to be the first to add one

 

Display Name Clan/Hamolah Country of Residence
To contact any of the below members, simply click on the names. All Registered Members
Adding a video has never been easier, click here to see what other members have added.