PalestineRemembered.com Satellite View Search Donate Contact Us النسخة العربية
Home Pictures Maps Oral History Zionist FAQ Zionist Quotes The Conflict 101 R.O.R. 101 Site Members About Us
Welcome To al-Nabi Yusha'
District of Safad
النبي يوشع - א-נבי יושע
Ethnically cleansed days ago

eMail
النسخة العربية
כדי לתרגם עברית
View in Google Earth


 
Statistic/Fact Value
Israeli occupation date May 16, 1948
Distance from district center 17 (km) North East of Safad
Elevation from the sea 375 (meters)
Map location See location number #26 on the map
Israeli military operation Operation Yiftach (commanded by the ethnic cleansing champion Yigal Allon)
Israeli attacking brigade The Palmach's First Battalion
Defenders Local militia & Arab Liberation Army
Exodus Cause Military assault by Jewish troops
Village remains
after destruction by Israelis
The village has been mostly destroyed with the exception of the shrine for al-Nabi Yashoa' and few deserted village houses.
Ethnically cleansing
by Israelis
al-Nabi Yusha' inhabitants were completely ethnically cleansed.
Land ownership
before occupation
Ethnic Group Land Ownership (Dunums)
Arab 3,616
Jewish 0
Public 1
Total 3,617
Land usage in 1945
Land Usage Type Arab (Dunum)
Planted W/ Cereal 640
Built up 16
Cultivable 640
Non-Cultivable 2,961
Population
before occupation
Year Population
1931 52
1945 70
1948 81
Est. Refugees 1998 499
Number of houses
Year Number of houses
1931 12
1948 18
Religious institutions One mosque close to the shrine
Shrines/maqams The village maintained a shrine for al-Nabi Yusha' (still standing, but in need of serious renovation guys!)
Exculsive jewish colonies on town's lands Ramot Naftali
Related Maps خرائط تفصيلية للمحافظة
Town's map on MapQuest
View from satellite
Help us map this town at WikiMapia
More Information
Language External Links
English Wikipedia's Page
Google Search
Google For Images
Google For Videos
Arabic في كتاب لكي لا ننسى
في كتاب بلادنا فلسطين
المزيد من موقع هوية
Hebrew Nakba-Online

Bibliography and References

Town Today

According to the Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, the village remaining structures on the village land are:
The site has been fenced in with barbed wire and is buried under rubble, making access difficult. However, some evidence of the village remains: fragments of houses, tombs in the village's cemetery, and the shrine of al-Nabi Yusha'. The two domes and arched entrance of the main part of the shrine are still intact, but the thick stone walls of the rooms attached to it are broken and the entire complex of buildings is neglected

 

Display Name Clan/Hamolah Country of Residence
To contact any of the below members, simply click on the names. All Registered Members