Is it Israeli Democracy or "Jewish Democracy", you be the judge. Are you aware that:
- Prior to the 1948 war, Palestinian Christians and Muslims
were a two-third majority of the population of Palestine, who owned and operated 93% of Palestine's lands?
- Prior to the 1948 war, most Israeli Jews were persecuted and
dispossessed European Jews who made a one-third minority of the population?
- Prior to the 1948 war, only on third of the Jews in Palestine were legal
citizens of the country?
- For Israel to become a "Jewish majority" it
opted to expel and dispossess the two-third Palestinian majority?
- 80% of the Palestinian people were dispossessed from
their homes, farms, and businesses and have been kept out for the past 54 years?
- 95% of Israel's lands (which is mostly owned by
Palestinian refugees) is open for development to Jews only?
- Only one of the 45 Zionist Jews who sign the Israeli "declaration of
independence" on May 14th, 1948 was born in Palestine. The other 44 were
mostly Jewish refugees who escaped their anti-Semitic Europe countries, such
as Tsarist Russia, Germany, and Poland.
- Israeli-Palestinian citizens live almost in segregated
communities (or ghettos) because development is strictly limited outside their
villages? Ironically, the word "ghetto" was invented to describe
the living conditions of Eastern European Jews in Tsarist Russia!
- For just being "Jewish" you gain an
automatic citizenship in Israel? Plus tens of thousands of dollars in
- Palestinian Muslims or Christians refugees, who were born in the
country and later expelled, cannot gain Israeli citizenship? Of course, unless they convert to
- Pretending to be Jewish in Israel is punishable by law
with up to one year's imprisonment? On the other hand, if you pretend to
be a Muslim or Christian the law does you no harm!
- When the Palestine problem was created by Britain in 1917, more than
92% of the population of Palestine were Arabs and there were at that
time no more than 56,000 Jews in Palestine? That Muslim, Christian, and
Jewish Palestinians at that time lived in peace with each other?
- Palestinians in the early 20th century owned
97.5% of the land, while Jews (native Palestinians and recent immigrants
together) owned only 2.5% of the land?
- Close to 4 million Palestinian Muslims and Christians are being subjected
to Israeli laws that are different than the laws governing the 4.5
million Israeli Jews? Is this a "democratically" elected apartheid,
or not, that is the question?
- In the occupied West Bank there are "Jewish Roads" and
- Israel issues national identify cards where the religion of the
card holder is clearly shown in bold type?
- Palestinians in the occupied West Bank and Gaza drive vehicles with
license plates that have different coloring than the cars driven by Israeli settlers?
- Palestinians in the occupied West Bank and Gaza hold ID cards that
different colors than the cards held by Israeli settlers?
- The only form of Judaism recognized by the "Jewish state" is
Orthodox Judaism, so most US Jews could not get married in Israel.
Furthermore, the only conversion to Judaism recognized is Orthodox, so most
US converts aren't Jewish enough.
- Just prior to the 1948 war, Jews owned under 7% of Palestine's land, and
to increase their share after the war, they passed the "Absentees'
Law" which dispossessed the Palestinian majority land owners who later
became "absent". What is even more tragic was the passage of an oxymoron
law, called "Present Absentees' Law," which dispossessed the
Palestinian-Israeli citizens who became internal refugees in Israel. It is
worth noting that the internal Jewish refugees were not dispossessed as a result
of this racist law.
- The U.S. funneled into the Israeli economy over 130
billion dollars, which is almost twice the amount devoted to rebuilding Western Europe after
- Israeli democracy is a facade for "Jewish
- Israel has nuclear weapons, and it was close to dropping
one on Cairo in 1973?
- Israeli soldiers use human shields in battle to
minimize their casualties?
- Israel killed over 20,000 Lebanese and Muslims (90% of
whom are civilians) with American made and paid for weapons?
The concept of "transferring" European Jews to Palestine and "transferring" the Palestinian people out is central to Zionism. Ben-Gurion, the 1st Israeli Prime Minister, eloquently articulated this essential Zionist pillar, he stated in 1944:
"Zionism is a TRANSFER of the Jews. Regarding the TRANSFER of the [Palestinian] Arabs this is much easier than any other TRANSFER. There are Arab states in the vicinity . . . . and it is clear that if the [Palestinian] Arabs are removed [to these states] this will improve their condition and not the contrary." (Expulsion Of The Palestinians, p. 159) Note the usage of the word "transfer" to signify the uprooting of the indigenous population to make room for Jewish refugees. Now a days this is a war crime called Ethnic Cleansing.
Based on our correspondence with many Zionists and their sympathizers in the West, we find the majority of them WISH to continue to live in the illusion that Palestine was empty and it was waiting for its "people to redeem it." But deep inside, they all suspect the Zionist narrative to be a farce. However, their memories of the Holocaust abstract them from reality and that makes them heartless. The Palestinian people has been underwriting their "Never Again" slogan with their homes, blood, and future since the establishment of the "Jewish state". For the average person this slogan may not sound harsh; after all European Jews suffered European anti-Semitism for centuries. On the other hand, to us, the Palestinian people, this slogan implies Never Again regardless of the price; Never Again period. Similarly, Holocaust memories (and the guilt associated with it) are the primary reasons why Western countries (who continue to parade the "Jewish state as the only democracy in the Middle East") turn a blind eye to Israeli war crimes and apartheid. In a nutshell, the Palestinian people are the messiah to whoever caused the Holocaust, turned a blind eye to it, or feel guilty for its victims.
If by accident we have missed facts that differentiate Israel from other democracies, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Crocodile Tears in the UN
- Israeli racism explained by Joseph Massad
- Half a democracy By Ha'aretz Daily
- Zionist FAQ: Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East
- Documentary Videos: Palestinians as human shields for Israeli occupation
- Leaving the Zionist Ghetto: A Conversation with the former Knesset speaker Avraham Burg
- 'Human shield' dies as Hamas man is killed by troops By Ha'aretz Daily
- Video: Demolishing Palestinian houses in occupied 'Anata. The kind of terror which you will never see in Western media!
- Targeting the university By Joseph Massad
- 'Anti-Semitism' as a political weapon By Lasse Wilhelmson
- Movie: Peace, Propaganda & The Promised Land.
- Videos: Blood and Religion: Unmasking the Zionist and Democratic State By Jonathan Cook
- Documentary Videos: Responding to Zionist Propaganda
- Music Video: Who's the Terrorist? You're the terrorist? by Damm.
- The Untermensch Syndrome: Israel's Moral Decay
- Apartheid in the Holy Land By the Nobel Prize laureate Desmond Tutu
- Never against! European collusion in Israel's slow genocide
- Ha'aretz: Let's hope Obama won't be a 'friend of Israel' by By Gideon Levy
- Ha'aretz: Democracy for Jews only
- Interview with Abraham Burg: Leaving The Zionist Ghetto
- Zionist Quotes: Apartheid & Racist
- Zionism, Antisemitism, and the People of Palestine By Noel Ignatiev
- Zionist FAQ: Palestinians in 1948 left their homes based on the orders of their leaders at the time
- Palestinian jailed for rape after claiming to be Jewish
- Palestinians don't have the right to defend themselves, they've the right to die silently!
- Abusing 'Anti-Semitism' Ran HaCohen
- A Terrible Disease of the Mind
- Ha'aretz: Twilight Zone / Non-Jews need not apply
- Zionist Quotes: LOOTING, Plunder, & Destruction
- Zionist Quotes: Palestinians
Do Exist, or Don't, That's The Question?
- The American policy towards new road map: approving the ethnic cleansing in Palestine
- Do the right thing - By Dalia Karpel
- Washington Report: Detailed accounting of U.S. aid to Israel
- Economist tallies swelling cost of Israel to US, over a trillion dollars! By the Christian Science Monitor
- 'Don't rent to non-Jews,' Israeli rabbis warn
- NY Times: Israel's Other Occupation By GERSHOM GORENBERG