Often the reason for this behavior that your browser still maintains the old HTML page in the browser's cache. What we suggest is for you to reload the page in question by clicking on the Refresh button or by pressing the F5 key. The safest way for this to work is to close your browser then open the HTML page in question to see your newly added/edited story.
If you are a registered member of PalestineRemembered.com & you forgot your password or user Id, please follow this link so we can email you your user profile. If for some reason your registered email address is no longer active, please contact us so we can email you your profile.
- You must use Internet Explored version 5.0 or above. Internet Explored is the only browser that supports Arabic language well. Click here to download.
- Now you need the Internet Explored to recognize your default language. You
can do that be doing one of the following ( 2nd option is recommended):
- This the easiest way, at the main Menu Bar choose View, Encoding sub-menu, More sub-menu, then click on Arabic (Windows).
- From the Internet Options Dialog (activated from the Tools Menu Bar), in the General Tab click on the Languages button in lower right corner. Click on the Add button, then choose Arabic [ar] from the list box. Click OK to close the dialog box. Make sure you make Arabic [ar] to be you first pick in the list by clicking Move Up button.
If your town was destroyed in 1948, then please scan the complete listing of destroyed villages first. If you are still can not find your village, then most likely your village has not been destroyed by the Israeli gangs in 1948, but though mostly ethnically cleansed (for example Abu Goush, Jerusalem). Also your village could be listed under a different name than the name we are listing, this has been the case for twenty plus destroyed villages. If that is the case, please consult the district's map , and by try to locate your village relative to it's district main city.
We have developed two flier templates to help you promote the website in your community. Both fliers are in MS Word formats, and neither in the Arabic language. Please do not hesitate to improvise on the templates formats as you see fit to suite your community, and we really appreciate it if you email us a copy so we can share it with other members, especially if it's done in languages other than English, such as Arabic, German, and French.
- The first flier is directed toward the Palestinian and Arabs community, click here to download.
- The second flier is directed toward the Western English speaking communities, click here to download.
Be free to print and distribute on bulletin boards in your community centers, schools, shops, mosques, churches, and other places of warship. Palestine and its people will be in dept for your help.
If you administrate a website, the best way to promote our website is by showing our banner. Take your pick & many thanks in advance:
- The following banner is directed toward the Israeli public
- The following banner is directed toward the Palestinian & Arab public
- The following banner is small, however it does the job.
are a Palestinian, you can help us in the following ways:
- Spread and promote the site especially among
Palestinians who are capable of documenting the memories of their relatives.
To help you promote the website among Palestinians, we have prepared a flier in MS Word format, click here to download. Please be free to print and distribute in community centers, mosques, churches, and shops.
- If you have any pictures about your hometown
(whether old or new), you can help us by either scanning the pictures and
uploading the image directly to our site, or you can mail
us the pictures, which we will scan, uploaded, and then mail you back
the pictures if you like.
- If you are from a village that has been
destroyed, publicize your village's page to your friends and family. Help us
publicize the injustice that has been perpetrated against your people.
- We are in shortage of documented data about the
ethnically cleansed cities & villages, but not destroyed by the Israeli army. If
you have well researched documentation about these towns please do not
hesitate to contact us .
- We also lack documentation about Palestinian
refugee camps in the Middle East. If you have well researched documentation
about the Palestinian refugee camps please do not hesitate to contact
are not Palestinian, you can still help in the following ways:
- Please take the time to browse this website and
educate yourself about the injustice that have been perpetrated against the
Palestinian people. We believe that if the whole world knew the truth about
what really happened and continues to happen, our site wouldn?t be
necessary. However, that day has not come yet and we need your help to let
the rest of the world learn more about the Palestinian experience.
- Please take the time to educate others about the
Palestinian problem: point your friends to this site then let our site tell
the rest of story.
To help you promote the website, we have prepared a flier in MS Word format, click here to download. Please be free to print and distribute in your community as you see fit.
If you are an Israeli, you can help us by contributing any information or pictures you have about the destroyed or ethnically cleansed cities and villages. We at Palestine Remembered do not judge all Israelis or Jewish people by the actions of the Zionist movement and its leaders. We understand that many Israelis and Jews around the world support the Palestinian struggle for justice and are willing to do their part in bringing an end to the wrongs of the past.
is a non-profit organization whose main objectives are the following:
- To emphasize that the CORE
issues of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict are the DISPOSSESSION
CLEANSING (compulsory population transfer for political gains)
of the Palestinian people for the past five decades. In our opinion, the conflict would have been on
the same level of intensity EVEN if both parties where Jewish, Muslim, or
- To preserve the memories and the experiences of
Palestinians around the world, especially the 726,000 Palestinians refugees
who were ETHNICAL CLEANSED from their homes,
farms, and business as a result of the 1948
war and in its aftermath. Currently, the dispossessed refugees number 5.9
million who constitute the mass majority
of the 8.2 million Palestinians spread all over the world. On the political
far their voice has gone unheard, and we at PalestineRemembered.com hope to
amplify their voice in cyberspace.
- To create an easy medium to present, document, and
share experiences among the Palestinian refugees. All ethnically cleansed
Palestinians visiting PalestineRemembered.com can attach their stories,
memories, pictures, movies, music files, chat on message boards, directory
service, and URL links to each listed town, click
here for sample of what has been shared.
- To provide a convenient and comprehensive source
of information about the past and present INJUSTICES committed by Israel and
the Zionist movement against the Palestinian people. In this website, you
will be exposed to detailed description of every village (over 420 currently
listed) that was ethnically
cleansed, looted, and destroyed by the Israeli Zionist forces in 1948. This
description will include PICTURES (both
before and after 1948) of each destroyed village, the current status of
these ruined towns, a brief history of each village before and after 1948,
detailed accounts of the ethnic cleansing and destruction of each village,
and, above all PERSONAL ACCOUNT
from the Palestinian refugees themselves.
We are looking forward to expand our service to include the following :-
- Document the cities & villages that are still standing, but the mass majority of their inhabitants have been ethnically cleansed.
- Document all Palestinian refugee camps in the middle east.
- Document all the illegal Israeli settlement in Palestine.
- Provide a mirror website in the Arabic language.
- Provide a mechanism for people to build their family tries online & associate these family trees to each of the towns.
If you have any documented data in either English or Arabic, please do not hesitate to contact us, and we promise to start working on publishing the missing data as soon as possible.
Often we receive such complains that The Dome Of The Rock might be offensive to Palestinian Christians or it might portray the conflict in the Middle East as religious conflict. The reason for adopting such logo is as the following:
- The Dome Of The Rock for Palestinians, Muslims & Christians, is a symbol more than a religious icon. We often compare it to the Statue Of Liberty for the Americans.
- Often Palestinians, Muslims & Christians, proudly display The Dome Of The Rock in their houses, offices, & computer screens. Such emphasis on The Dome Of The Rock is usually done to assert Palestinian nationalism. If displaying such symbol is religiously motivated, then the Palestinians are better off displaying al-Aqsa mosque instead since it's the al-Aqsa mosque which is holy & not the The Dome Of The Rock.
We have decided to make this website (at least for now) an advertisement free zone. We like to take advantage of every available bandwidth to serve you better & faster.
To add stories, pictures, & URL links about your town is very easy. All you have to do:
For security reason, you have to be a registered user to upload any type of data into the website. If you are not already a member, please click on this link to register.
Choose the village name from the popup menu on the main page or from List Of Destroyed Villages.
Follow either the Memories & Stories, Pictures, or Related Town Links hyperlinks on each village web page.
Click on the related button to add your data.
The website is unique and different in the following ways:-
- The website is almost completely dynamic and interactive in nature. Each time a user shares his/her pictures, written experiences, and website links with the rest of us, PalestineRemembered.com is immediately enriched with new content and it becomes more useful to future visitors.
- A lot of design and software development time has been invested into making this website professional-looking and easy to browse. Cutting edge technology has also been utilized to make the website easy to manage, publish, and update.
- We have made the commitment to make the website an advertisement free zone. This way, we are able to allocate the maximum bandwidth for your benefit.
- Highly motivated, qualified software engineers manage and maintain this website. Our devotion to the Palestinian cause is the driving force behind this project. Since the participation of the engineers is voluntary, the overhead of this website is quite minimal.
- PalestineRemembered.com is not and will never be under the influence of any political, cultural or religious organization. The information and the pictures you see in the website are in the public domain. Please be free to use and share the data as you like so long you mention the source. PERIOD. No Palestinian will be denied service regardless of his or her political affiliation. As long as the participation is professional, we welcome all contributions. Just upload your data for others to see and help the world learn about our homeland.