- DISPOSSESSION and ETHNIC CLEANSING (compulsory population transfer to achieve political gains) of the Palestinian people for the past six decades. In our opinion, the conflict would have been at the same level of intensity even if both parties had been Jewish, Muslims, or Christians.
- To create an easy medium where refugees can communicate, organize, and share their experiences amongst themselves. The refugees are encouraged to attach their stories, memories, pictures, movies, music files, join discussions at the message board and guest book sections, directory service listing of the refugees and their contact information, and URL links related to each listed town.
- To provide a comprehensive source of information about the villages and cities that were ethnically cleansed, looted, and destroyed by the Israeli army. At each town's homepage, you will find pictures (both before and after 1948), the current status of the town, the Israeli colonies that occupy the town's lands, a brief history of the town before and after Nakba, detailed accounts of atrocities and any acts of terror, personal accounts from the refugees themselves, and above all live interviews from refugees reciting their experiences before, during and after al-Nakba.
- To preserve the memories and the experiences of the Palestinian people around the world, especially the 726,000 Palestinians refugees who were ethnically cleansed from their homes, farms, and businesses as a result of the 1948 war. Currently, the dispossessed refugees number 6.5 million and constitute the great majority of the Palestinian people. On the political front, so far their voices have gone unheard, and we at PalestineRemembered.com hope to amplify their voices in cyberspace.
- To increase refugees' awareness of their rights to return to their homes, farms, and businesses based on United Nations General Assembly resolution 194. Based on this resolution, every single refugee has the right to go back to his or her home, and to be compensated for any loss of their properties, pain, and suffering.
- responded to this myth. With the help of our online community (made up of tens of thousands of refugees), visitors to the site can verify how Palestine has its people who are rich with history, culture and values.
- To reach out to Israelis so they can feel the human behind this "Palestinian" or "the enemy", who was forced out from his home, farm, and business to make way to persecuted European Jewish refugees. We are proud to be one of the few mediums where Israelis and Palestinians can reach out to each other and meet, of course other than at the humiliating checkpoints. It should be noted, that the majority of the site's page views comes from Israel, and many of the pictures and films that we have of the destroyed villages were shared by Israelis. We understand that many Israelis and Jews around the world support the Palestinian struggle for justice and are willing to do their part in bringing an end to the wrongs of the past.
- To send clear and an unambiguous message to all the Westerners that the Palestinian people cannot be crossed for what they have sinned against their Jewish citizens. Palestine and its people cannot be the saviors for their tortured conscious and souls for what they have done to the Jews who used to call Europe home.
click here to
This project is in serious need of your help to expand it outside of Jordan and to guarantee its continuity. Currently, it is being funded from private funds, and unfortunately there is so much to do in such a little time. Your generous donation, no matter how little it is, will be critical for the project's survival. Click here, if you wish to send your donation.
- Spread and promote the site especially among Palestinians who are capable of documenting the memories of their relatives.
To help you promote the website among Palestinians, we have prepared a flier in MS Word format, click here to download. Please be free to print and distribute in community your centers, mosques, churches, and shops.
- If you have any pictures for your hometown, you can help us by scanning and uploading these images to the site. It's an easy process, so far over thirty thousand pictures have have been uploaded to the site from all over the world.
- If you are from a village that has been destroyed, publicize your village's page to your friends and family. Help us publicize the injustice that has been perpetrated against your people.
If you are an Israeli, you can help us by contributing any information or pictures you have about the destroyed or ethnically cleansed cities and villages. We at PalestineRemembered.com do not judge all Israelis or Jews by the actions of the Zionist movement and its leaders. We understand that many Israelis and Jews around the world support the Palestinian struggle for justice and are willing to do their part in bringing an end to the wrongs of the past
Your humble donation will keep this site running for generations to come. You can make a secure online payment by clicking on the below PayPal button: