The below Biography was copied from Palestine-Info.net
- Born in Jabalia camp of the Gaza Strip on 10 July 1971. His family was displaced from Bar'er village near Majdal in 1948.
- He completed his secondary school education in 1988 and excelled the students in the camp.
- He applied for admission to Al Amal Institute in Gaza to study pharmacology but soon was arrested by the Israeli authorities on 23 September 1988. He was tried on charges of affiliation with Hamas and participation in the intifadah activities. He spent 18 months in jail and was released in March 1990.
- In the academic year 1991/1992, he was admitted in Hitteen College in Amman to study Islamic Sharia, but the Occupation authorities did not allow him to cross the bridge to Jordan.
- In the beginning of 1991 he was nominated as a liaison officer between the "Martyrs group", the first militant group of Al Qassam Brigades, and the Brigades command. The Martyrs group basically specialized in killing the collaborators with the Zionists and collecting their weapons that were later used in military attacks against the Occupation patrols and soldiers.
- Since 26 December 1991, the Zionists pursued him after some Hamas members under torture made forced admissions against him.
- On 22 May 1992, he moved to the West Bank and formed several military cells there.
- On 13 November 1992, he returned to Gaza after establishing the military work in the West Bank and after scores of Al Qassam militants in the West Bank were arrested.
- He refused to leave the Gaza Strip in December 1992 and insisted to stay in Palestine.
- On 24 November 1993, after two years of pursuit by the Zionists, the Zionist forces surrounded Shaja'eya quarter in Gaza and he exchanged fire with them. A number of Israeli soldiers were killed and Emad was attacked with an anti-armour shell in his face, killing him instantly.