Rivers of Palestine
32 6’ across and 34 56' length, and it originates from Ras al’Ayn (15
km north west of Jaffa) and terminate 9 km north of Jaffa (at Raydig electric
power station nearby Tel Aviv).
Length and Depth
25 km in length and at termination point the river is 40 yards and 40 feet in
width, and 12 feet in deep.
300 million cubic meters of 32 million cubic meters were used to supply
Jerusalem with its water supplies.
Major contributing wadies
At Ras al-'Ayn many springs and several wadies terminate their rain water from
Nablus and Jerusalem mountains.
The primary supplying wadies from the Nablus mountains are:
The primary supplying wadies from the Jerusalem mountains are:-
Wadi al-Qana:- originates from Huwarah, which passes through Dayr ‘Istyah,
Kafr Thulth, and Jaljoulyah. Just before its terminating point, Wadi al-Qana
is also known by Wadi al-‘Ashqar at al-Myaleh
Unknown Wadi which terminate with Wadi al-Qana:-
originates from Sartah, and passing through Dayr Rafat, al-Zawyah, and Kafr
Unknown Wadi which terminate with Wadi al-Qana:- originates from kafr
Laqif, passes through Qalqeelyah and Byar ‘Adas*.
Wadi al-Ballout:- originates from Singel, Silwad,
Bayt Rima, and al-Liban al-Sharqi, and passes through Kafr al-Deek, Dayr
Ballout, and Majdal Yaba*
Wadi al-Jaryout:- originates from Beitunyah, and passes through Bayt
‘Aur al-Fuqa, Bayt ‘Aur al-Tahta, Bayt ‘Aur al-Tahata, Saffa, al-Medyah,
Kafr ‘Ana*, al-Saqyah*, and terminating in al-‘Awja at al-Shaykh-Muwannis*.
Unknown Wadi which terminate with Wadi al-Jaryout:-
originates from Qatanah and Bayt Luqya, and passes through SalbitP, al-Qubab*,
These water are also known by Wadi al-Musrarah or
al-Barid river just before it terminates in al-‘Awja river at al-Shaykh-Muwannis.
* Ethnically cleansed and destroyed in al-Ramla district during 1948 war.
** Occupied during 1948 war and partially ethnically cleansed.
Rubin river is located about 12-14 km south of Jaffa, and it originates at Tall
Abu Sultan 3 km east of the Mediterranean.
Major contributing wadies
Wadi al-Sarar terminate into Rubin river at Tall Abu Sultan, and its water
starts at Bayt Jalah, Bayt Haneenah, and passes through ‘Aqur, and ‘Artouf,
and at Qatarah, it’s also known by Wadi Qatarah too.
Note that at termination point of Rubin river (see al-Nabi Rubin, al-Ramla), the
United States of America help Israel found its first nuclear reactor on 8th of May 1959,
chich became fully operational on the 16th of June 1960.
Mission Statement |
Zionist FAQ |
Refugees 101 |
Zionist Quotes |
R.O.R. 101 |
Towns Listing |
Ethnic Cleansing 101 |
Site Tour |
Guest Book |
What's New? |
Looting 101 |
Oral History |
© 1999-2001 PalestineRemembered.com all rights reserved. All Pictures are copyright of their respective owners.