PalestineRemembered About Us Looting 101 Oral History العربية
Menu Pictures Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Maps
PalestineRemembered.com Satellite View Search Donate Contact Us Looting 101 العربية
About Us Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Pictures Maps Zionist Quotes Zionism 101 R.O.R. 101 Oral History Site Members

Welcome To al-Manara - المنارة (אל-מנארה)

District of Tiberias
Ethnically cleansed days ago

العربية

Google Earth
Picture for al-Manara Village - Palestine: : Ruins of the destroyed Palestinian village, and lake Tiberias in the background
Gallery (10)
Statistic/Fact Value
Israeli occupation date March 1, 1948
Distance from district center 5 (km) South of Tiberias
Elevation from the sea 255 (meters)
Map location See location number #14 on the map
Exodus Cause Expulsion by Jewish troops
Village remains after destruction by Israelis al-Manara was completely obliterated and defaced.
Ethnically cleansed by Israelis al-Manara inhabitants were completely ethnically cleansed.
Land ownership before occupation
Ethnic Group Land Ownership (Dunums)
Arab 4,185
Jewish 1,410
Public 1,202
Total 6,797
Land usage in 1945
Land Usage Type Arab (Dunum) Jewish (Dunum)
Planted W/ Cereal 4,320 1,235
Built up 13 174
Cultivable 4,320 1,235
Non-Cultivable 1,054 1
Population
before occupation
Year Population
1931 214
1945 580
1948 568
Est. Refugees 1998 3,491
Number of houses
Year Number of houses
1931 33
1948 87
Town's name through history The Crusades referred to al-Manara by Menan.
Water supplies The village had several springs including a group of hot springs.
Archeological sites al-Manara contains Khirbat al-Manara and Khirbat Sarjuna.
Exculsive jewish colonies on town's lands Poriyya is nearby village lands.
Related Maps خرائط للقضاء توضح حدود القرى والاودية
Town's map on MapQuest
View from satellite
Help us map this town at WikiMapia
More Information
External Links
Wikipedia's Page
Google Search
Google For Images
Google For Videos
في كتاب كي لا ننسى
المزيد من موقع هوية
Nakba-Online (Hebrew)

Bibliography and References

Town Today

According to the Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, the village remaining structures on the village land are:
The site has been levelled and is strewn with pieces of black stone. At its northern edge are walls of dark stone, with doum palm trees growing in their midst. At the site, a sign (in Arabic, Hebrew, and English) reads, "This is a historical site, please protect it"