PalestineRemembered About Us Looting 101 Oral History العربية
Menu Pictures Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Maps
PalestineRemembered.com Satellite View Search Donate Contact Us Looting 101 العربية
About Us Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Pictures Maps Zionist Quotes Zionism 101 R.O.R. 101 Oral History Site Members

Raml Zayta رمل زيتة (قزازة) - רמל זיתא -

District of Tulkarm
Ethnically cleansed days ago

العربية

Google Earth
Picture for Raml Zayta Village - Palestine: : The eastern mound looking from the western mound
Statistic/Fact Value
Israeli occupation date March 15, 1948
Distance from district center 15 (km) Northeast of Tulkarm
Elevation from the sea 25 (meters)
Map location See location number #1 on the map
Israeli military operation Coastal Clearing
Exodus Cause Expulsion by Jewish troops
Village remains after destruction by Israelis Raml Zayta was mostly destroyed with the exception of two houses, one of which is currently being occupied by an Israeli Jewish family.
Ethnically cleansed by Israelis Raml Zayta inhabitants were completely ethnically cleansed.
Land ownership before occupation
Ethnic Group Land Ownership (Dunums)
Arab 12,720
Jewish 1,453
Public 664
Total 14,837
Land usage in 1945
Land Usage Type Arab (Dunum) Jewish (Dunum)
Area planted w/ citrus 126 4
Irrigated & Plantation 27 4
Planted W/ Cereal 12,665 1,441
Cultivable 12,818 1,449
Non-Cultivable 566 4
Population
before occupation
Year Population
1931 1,165
1945 140
1948 162
Est. Refugees 1998 997
Exculsive jewish colonies on town's lands Sde Yitzchaq and the Israeli City of Chadera.
Related Maps خرائط للقضاء توضح حدود القرى والاودية
Town's map on MapQuest
View from satellite
Help us map this town at WikiMapia
More Information
External Links
Wikipedia's Page
Google Search
Google For Images
Google For Videos
في كتاب لكي لا ننسى
في كتاب بلادنا فلسطين
المزيد من موقع هوية
Nakba-Online (Hebrew)

Bibliography and References

Town Today

According to the Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, the village remaining structures on the village land are:
Stone rubble is visible on the site. Only two of the original village houses remain. One of them is still inhabited by the only Palestinian family that stayed in the village. The second house has been renovated and expanded by the addition of new rooms, and is now occupied by a Jewish family