Statistic & Fact
Israeli occupation date
May 13, 1948
Distance from district
16.5 (km) Southwest of
Elevation from the sea
See location # 41 on the map View from satellite
Military Operation against town
Operation Barak (lightening)
Military assault by Jewish troops
Village remains after destruction
mostly destroyed with the exception of few houses remain standing.
by Israelis Bashshit inhabitants were completely ethnically cleansed.
Nakba land ownership
Land Ownership (Dunums)
Land usage in 1945
Land Usage Type
Area planted w/ citrus
Irrigated & Plantation
Area planted w/ olives
Planted W/ Cereal
Est. Refugees 1998
Number of houses
Number of houses
Town's name through history
The Crusades referred to Bashshit by
An elementary school for boys which was founded in 1921, and in 1945 it had an enrollment of 148 students.
One shrine for unknown individual
wadies & rivers
Wadi Bashshit ran 1/2 km to the East.
The village contains khirbat al-Nabi 'Ararat, which has pillars, cisterns, and pottery.
Exculsive Jewish colonies
that usurped village lands Newe Mivtach, Meshar, Kefar Mordekhay, Misgav Dov, Kannot, Shedema, and 'Aseret.
خرائط للقضاء توضح حدود القرى والاودية Town's map on MapQuest View from satellite Help us map this town at WikiMapia
Google For Images
Google For Videos
في كتاب كي لا ننسى
في كتاب بلادنا فلسطين
المزيد من موقع هوية
According to the Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, the village remaining structures on the village land are:
"Of the original village houses, no more than five still stand, deserted and nearly collapsing. One of these houses, located at the edge of a citrus grove, is made of cement blocks, with rectangular doors and windows and a tiled, sloping roof".