PalestineRemembered About Us Looting 101 Oral History العربية
Menu Pictures Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Maps
PalestineRemembered.com Satellite View Search Donate Contact Us Looting 101 العربية
About Us Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Pictures Maps Zionist Quotes Zionism 101 R.O.R. 101 Oral History Site Members

al-Khayma الخيمة - אל-ח'ימה -

District of al-Ramla
Ethnically cleansed days ago

العربية

Google Earth
Picture for al-Khayma Village - Palestine: : الحاج صقر ابو فنونه-ابو عبد السلام - اثناء زيارته للاردن اواخر تسعينات القرن الماضي يرافقه ولده اللواء سعيد ابو فنونه-ابورائد
Statistic/Fact Value
Israeli occupation date July 9, 1948
Distance from district center 18.5 (km) South of al-Ramla
Elevation from the sea 100 (meters)
Map location See location number #56 on the map
Israeli military operation Operation An-Far
Israeli attacking brigade Giv'ati Brigade
Exodus Cause Military assault by Jewish troops
Village remains after destruction by Israelis al-Khayma was completely obliterated, and only house rubble left behind.
Ethnically cleansed by Israelis al-Khayma inhabitants were completely ethnically cleansed.
Land ownership before occupation
Ethnic Group Land Ownership (Dunums)
Arab 5,038
Jewish 0
Public 112
Total 5,150
Land usage in 1945
Land Usage Type Arab (Dunum)
Irrigated & Plantation 4
Planted W/ Cereal 5,007
Built up 9
Cultivable 5,011
Non-Cultivable 130
Population
before occupation
Year Population
1931 141
1945 190
1948 220
Est. Refugees 1998 1,354
Number of houses
Year Number of houses
1931 30
1948 46
Religious institutions Villagers used to worship in al-Tina's (a nearby village) Mosque.
Exculsive jewish colonies on town's lands No Israeli settlements on village lands
Related Maps خرائط للقضاء توضح حدود القرى والاودية
Town's map on MapQuest
View from satellite
Help us map this town at WikiMapia
More Information
External Links
Wikipedia's Page
Google Search
Google For Images
Google For Videos
في كتاب لكي لا ننسى
في كتاب بلادنا فلسطين
المزيد من موقع هوية
Nakba-Online (Hebrew)

Bibliography and References

Town Today

According to the Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, the village remaining structures on the village land are:
"All that remains of the village are three mounds to the east, west, and south of the site that contain the remnants of houses."