PalestineRemembered About Us Looting 101 Oral History العربية
Menu Pictures Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Maps
PalestineRemembered.com Satellite View Search Donate Contact Us Looting 101 العربية
About Us Zionist FAQ Conflict 101 Pictures Maps Zionist Quotes Zionism 101 R.O.R. 101 Oral History Site Members
Welcome To al-Khisas
District of Gaza
خربة الخِصاص
Ethnically cleansed days ago

العربية

Google Earth


Statistic/Fact Value
Israeli occupation date November 5, 1948
Distance from district center 18.5 (km) North East of Gaza
Elevation from the sea 25 (meters)
Map location See location number #27 on the map
Israeli military operation End of Operation Yo'av
Defenders Local militia
Village remains after destruction by Israelis The village has been completely destroyed, and only house rubble left behind.
Ethnically cleansed by Israelis al-Khisas inhabitants were completely ethnically cleansed.
Land ownership before occupation
Ethnic Group Land Ownership (Dunums)
Arab 3,300
Jewish 0
Public 2,969
Total 6,269
Land usage in 1945
Land Usage Type Arab (Dunum)
Area planted w/ citrus 191
Irrigated & Plantation 2,671
Planted W/ Cereal 423
Built up 10
Cultivable 3,285
Non-Cultivable 2,974
Population
before occupation
Year Population
1922 102
1922 102
1931 133
1945 150
1948 174
Est. Refugees 1998 1,069
Number of houses In (1931): 26
Schools al-Khisas students used to attend school at nearby village of al-Jura.
Archeological sites The villager contained remnants of wells and burial grounds by unknown people.
Exculsive jewish colonies on town's lands The village has been engulfed by the nearby city of Ashqelon.
Related Maps خرائط تفصيلية للمحافظة
Town's map on MapQuest
View from satellite
Help us map this town at WikiMapia
More Information
External Links
Wikipedia's Page
Facebook Page
Google Search
Google For Images
Google For Videos
في كتاب لكي لا ننسى
في كتاب بلادنا فلسطين
المزيد من موقع هوية
Nakba-Online (Hebrew)

Bibliography and References

Town Today

According to the Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, the village remaining structures on the village land are:
"Demolished houses made of cement and plaster may be seen on the site. "